User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: The Playpen: Anyone able to recommend any truly impartial town planners?

Anyone able to recommend any truly impartial town planners?
  trevj (12:58 17/4/2013)
  flibble (13:16 17/4/2013)
    trevj (14:13 17/4/2013)
  krisa (20:27 17/4/2013)
    trevj (15:33 18/4/2013)
    trevj (09:29 29/5/2013)

Trevor Johnson Message #122297, posted by trevj at 12:58, 17/4/2013
Bit of a long shot, this one...

Would anyone here happen to be willing/able to recommend (or put me in touch with anyone who may be able to recommend) any truly impartial town planners? Importantly, with no allegiance to the policies or officers of Bristol City Council.

Happy (belated) Easter!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Peter Howkins Message #122298, posted by flibble at 13:16, 17/4/2013, in reply to message #122297
flibble

Albert Speer?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Trevor Johnson Message #122299, posted by trevj at 14:13, 17/4/2013, in reply to message #122298
Interesting suggestion, Peter.

I know of the existence of planning aid charities, which may be some use but I may need more than that. Am following up with others who previously provided me with advice with during the application process.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Kris Adcock Message #122300, posted by krisa at 20:27, 17/4/2013, in reply to message #122297
Bit of a long shot, this one...

Would anyone here happen to be willing/able to recommend (or put me in touch with anyone who may be able to recommend) any truly impartial town planners? Importantly, with no allegiance to the policies or officers of Bristol City Council.

Happy (belated) Easter!
I've recently had my pet-builder round (when you've found a builder who isn't a lazy ar**hole you tend to hang on to him) to quote for turning my inbuilt garage into a dining room.

He told me that he doesn't bother going to council for planning permission/regs these days, because it is very hard to find someone in the office who isn't either lazy, or have some sort of Napoleon complex or axe to grind. Instead, he applies to somewhere in London.

It was news to me that you could even bypass your local council - but I suppose if you're a big architect/builder who does a lot of domestic work, you're *bound* to rub someone up the wrong way eventually ... so it's nice to know there's an alternative route.

I'm afraid my details are vague, though. But maybe it's food for thought?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Trevor Johnson Message #122303, posted by trevj at 15:33, 18/4/2013, in reply to message #122300
I've recently had my pet-builder round (when you've found a builder who isn't a lazy ar**hole you tend to hang on to him) to quote for turning my inbuilt garage into a dining room.
Tricky because the good ones are often the busiest.
He told me that he doesn't bother going to council for planning permission/regs these days, because it is very hard to find someone in the office who isn't either lazy, or have some sort of Napoleon complex or axe to grind. Instead, he applies to somewhere in London.

It was news to me that you could even bypass your local council - but I suppose if you're a big architect/builder who does a lot of domestic work, you're *bound* to rub someone up the wrong way eventually ... so it's nice to know there's an alternative route.

I'm afraid my details are vague, though. But maybe it's food for thought?
Thanks. News to me, too. I had a quick look and couldn't find any obvious online references to this. I might have your email address somewhere, in which case I'll drop you a line. Maybe he'd be willing to briefly discuss the details of this with me over the phone.

Anyway, I've contacted a couple of respected planning consultants. They might be able to put me in touch with someone appropriate, not so far from home that the travelling costs make a site visit prohibitively expensive. Cheers.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Trevor Johnson Message #122405, posted by trevj at 09:29, 29/5/2013, in reply to message #122300
for planning permission/regs
This seems to be possible for Building Regs (provided a Full Plans submission has already been made) but AFAIK not for planning permission.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

The Icon Bar: The Playpen: Anyone able to recommend any truly impartial town planners?